After months of cloudy and cold winter, nothing beats seeing the first glimpse of the sun’s rays and feeling its warmth. There’s just something about the sun that instantly melts the winter blues away!
For many people, their most memorable moments often happen during summer — when the best waves for learning how to surf occur, and the beaches come most alive when the sun is shining oh, so brightly! Because of its power that uplifts people’s moods and spirits, a lot of movies, songs, and greeting cards are inspired by it.
So if you have a family member or a surfing buddy that needs some cheering up, there’s nothing a good ol’ sun quote can’t do. Here we have compiled the best ones that are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
The Best Quotes About the Sun
Each one of us has our pick-me-ups to help us get through the day. Some drink their morning coffee, read quotes for inspiration, and others go outside for some sun. Combine all three, and you’re sure to have a great day ahead! For best results, you can start reading these sun quotes we’ve found in books and online.
- “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.” — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “The sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.” — JayDee Mahs
- “Keep your face to the sunshine.” — Walt Whitman
- “Don’t let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of tomorrow. Live for today.” — Nandina Morris
- “The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.” — Gene Amole
- “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” — S. Ajna
- “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” — Les Misérables pub.1862
- “If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm.” — Frank Lane
- “The Sun illuminates only the eyes of the man but shines into the eye and the heart of the child.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Staring up at the sky on a bright, sunny day makes me dream and gives me ideas.” — Marc Jacobs
- “The sun don’t shine on the same dog’s ass all the time.” — Catfish Hunter
- “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne, The American Notebooks
- “Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” — Roman Payne
- “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” — John Ruskin
- “Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch.” — Walt Whitman
- “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” — George R. R. Martin
- “The Sun himself is weak when he first rises and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” — Charles Dickens
- “The sun shines everywhere, not just at the beach.” — Brande Roderick
- “I used to cover my windows in heavy curtains, never drawn. Now I danced in the sunlight on my hardwood floors.” ― Kimberly Novosel, Loved
- “Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun’s shining or not.” ― Marty Robbins
- “Do not lose hope. Please believe that there are a thousand beautiful things waiting for you. Sunshine comes to all who feel rain.” ― R.M. Drake
- “May sunshine surround you each new day. And may smiles and love never be far away.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
- “Be like a flower. Turn your face to the sun.” ― Kahlil Gibran
- “Some sunshine is good for the soul, but I always make sure I wear a big hat.” ― Miranda Kerr
- “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “In your darkest hour, give thanks, for in due time, the morning will come. And it will come with a ray of sunshine.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “After every storm, the sun will smile; for every problem, there is a solution, and the soul’s indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer.” ― William R. Alger
- “Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, ‘You owe me.’ Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky.” ― Hafez
- “When the morning sun wakes up, the darkness in the valleys looks for a place to hide!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” ― Christopher McCandless
- “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” ― Ram Charan
- “There is sunshine in my soul today.” — Unknown
- “I only really and truly fully relax on my own. Give me a sun lounger, a pool, and a sea view, and I’m happy.” — Miranda Hart
- “Even the Sun directs our gaze away from itself and to the life illumined by it.” ― Eberhard Arnold
- “Like the moon, I will fade away, But like the sun I will rise again.” — Unknown
- “When the Sun kisses the horizon, that’s when you see the sky blush.” — Anthony T. Hincks
- “Laughter is magic that dispenses clouds and creates sunshine in the soul.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Being in the Sun is like going to parties – too much ages your skin, too little can age inside you like your bones.” — Bruce Y. Lee
- “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” — Morris West
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” — Alexander Graham Bell
- “The Sun. The bright Sun, that brings back, not light alone, but new life, and hope, and freshness to man-burst upon the crowded city in clear and radiant glory.” — Charles Dickens
- “The Sun can be your greatest gloom, or your greatest comforter, depending on how you view its shine.” — Anthony Liccione
- “Some old fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “Don’t forget to drink water and get some sun. You’re basically a house plant with more complicated emotions.” — Unknown
- “Just living is not enough… One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” — Hans Christian Andersen
- “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” — Louisa May Alcott
- “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” — Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “But once in a while, you pick the right thing, the exact best thing. Every day, the moment you open your eyes and pull off your blankets, that’s what you hope for. The sunshine on your face, warm enough to make your heart sing.” — Sarah Ockler, Bittersweet
- “The morning is full of sunlight and hope.” — Kate Chopin
- “Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.” — Anna Lee
- “Feel the sun’s kiss while others notice the sunburns.” — Unknown
- “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” — William Arthur Ward
- “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” — Wilma Rudolph
- “The sun just touched the morning; the morning, happy thing, supposed that he had come to dwell, and life would be all spring.” — Emily Dickinson
- “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” ― Max Muller
- “No sun outlasts its sunset, but it will rise again and bring the dawn.” ― Maya Angelou
- “Wherever my story takes me, however dark and difficult the theme, there is always some hope and redemption, not because readers like happy endings, but because I am an optimist at heart. I know the sun will rise in the morning, that there is a light at the end of every tunnel.” ― Michael Morpurgo
- “Look at the sunny side of everything.” ― Christian D. Larson
- “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.” ― Jeanne Moreau
- “A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.” ― William Arthur Ward
The sun is not just a heavenly body that gives life to every living thing here on Earth. It’s a poetic symbol that represents optimism, hope, strength, and power. One of our favorite quotes about it is “The sun is alone, too, but it still shines.” by an unknown writer.
We hope that our list of quotes gives you inspiration and motivation to start your days with hope in your heart. Always remember that whatever happens, the sun will brightly shine every day for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are some of the famous sayings about the sun?
One of the most famous quotes about the sun came from the novel Les Misérables — “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” This means that after all the hardships and difficulties of your life, there’s always hope for a brighter tomorrow.
Another great quote popular online is by the late columnist, Gene Amole — “The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.”
G’day, my name is Rach Taylor and I’m the proud Founder of Surf Hungry. I am a former Australian Olympic athlete and Australian representative surf sports athlete. I’ve worked in the surf industry and lived at many of Australia’s best surf spots, sparking a life-long love of the ocean and a passion for surf sports which also rubbed off on my two young sons! I am also lucky to spend a lot of ocean-time in my favorite second home, Indonesia. In addition to SurfHungry I have founded several other websites in my areas of passion, namely coffee and rock climbing, and am also a regular rowing content contributor.